Guild Block Challenge

Guild Block Challenge

2013 guild block exchange designWell, I finished the blocks I needed to make in order to put my top together.  I made 4 blocks for the corners, all the challenge blocks will go in the middle. I’ve put some of them in just as an example. I am hoping to work on cutting out the sashing pieces tomorrow and attach them to the blocks.  I am hoping I still have enough of the challenge fabric to do the borders, I’m pretty sure I do have enough, but I’m not cutting it up until I have everything put together. I used my Accuquilt Go to cut out most of the pieces for the corner blocks, I think it was cut out in less than an hour!

I’m really happy with how this is turning out so far and next I’ll need to decide how to quilt it.  I really don’t want to think about that part yet though!  I have a lot of other tops to get quilted!

Exchange blocks 2013challenge quilt - corner blocksI can’t wait to see how everyone else sets their blocks. It will be great if finished tops will get more people in the guild to participate next year.  I really like the colors in the Hoffman Challenge fabric for 2014.

Time for me to go and see if I can finish the binding on my scrappy table topper.  Hoping to post the finished piece tomorrow!