August OMG Results

I did it! I finished 2 of my UFO’s that have been sitting around for years and will now be donated to our guild community service group.

So back in 2013 I finished piecing the Red, White and Blue top and was waiting for the size so I could decide on border and backing. Doggone thing has been sitting here for awhile waiting to be quilted! I started working through the quilting on this and as I was winding another set of bobbins, I ran out of thread! Had to make an emergency trip to Joann’s to get another spool for red, white and blue thread so I could finish. Looking back I should have just done an all over pattern, but that’s ok it still looks good!

I don’t even know how long I’ve had this UFO, I wanted to play with fusible interfacing and just started pulling 2″ scraps. You fold each row and do your 1/4″ seam, then do the same going in the opposite direction. It’s been sitting her so long, but I remember a lot of these fabrics and wish I had saved them for hexies.

I’m happy to finally have 2 more off the UFO list, now I need to get busy on some of the bigger ones!!

Linking up with Elm Street Quilts.

This Post Has One Comment

  1. patty

    Wonderful quilts. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

Comments are closed.