Wow! I can’t believe it’s 2020! Seems like just yesterday that we were getting married in 1999, then the kids being born 2010 and 2014 and now here it is 2020. Why does time have to march so fast??
I spent the last week of the year working on getting some things completed, including finishing the top we started at our mystery workshop at guild in December. I bought the fabric back in 2013 I was trying to get folks interested in doing a block exchange with the 2014 Hoffman Challenge fabric. No one was interested but I decided to buy fabric anyway because I liked it so much. So when I decided to do the mystery quilt I remembered this fabric and found that it was just about enough to make the top. I had to order some additional – yes I found some even 5 years later! – so I could finish the top. Not sure when it will be quilted, but it is on my UFO challenge list for this year!
Back in 2016, one of my online groups, the Twilters, did a block exchange based on the book by Frances O’Roarke Dowell called Birds in the Air. It started as a way to help Frances get a quilt completed for the release of the book, and then morphed into a signed block exchange. My blocks sat here for quite some time because I couldn’t decide what to do with them. How did i want to set them? I had a lot of designs done in EQ and just never followed through with any of them. So as I was working on my UFO list for 2020, I decided that these might be a quick finish to completed top – I just needed to make 3-4 blocks to finish the design. Got that all put together New Year’s Day. Now it’s on the UFO list and just needs to be quilted.
Beginning of last year I found out about a SAL for a Harry Potter quilt – and you know how much I love Harry Potter! It was being run by Kelli over at Seriously I think it needs stitches who did the Pokemon quilt I put together a year or so ago. (links are to the pages on Kelli’s site). I bought the kit from Fat Quarter Shop and got started on blocks. I fizzled out during the year, business started picking up and we just weren’t home much over the summer. But at the end of the year I really wanted to be working on something simple, and these blocks are put together pretty simply – just lots of pieces. So I sat and figured out how many I need for the layout that would totally cover our king sized bed and started working to fill in the blocks I needed for the first 2 rows. Got those 3 blocks done and the first 2 rows are now put together. As soon as I can get my year end inventory completed I can work on the next block.
So, I want to rejoin the One Monthly Goal linkup this year in the hopes that I can get something done on my UFO list this year. Last year I completed NOTHING on my list! I’ve created the page at the top and hope to have some finished quilts in it this year! This month I want to get 2 quilts basted and possibly start quilting them. I don’t know which 2 they will be, possibly the ones shown above, maybe one of the many others that just needs to be quilted. I have batting, just need to figure out backings.