I really didn’t need a new project, BUT I was listening to a podcast the other day, Katie’s Quilting Corner, and she was talking about finishing a Super Mario pixel quilt. I remembered that a few years ago I had bookmarked a website with the patterns and I had started creating them in EQ. So Tuesday I finished my designing, Wednesday was a trip to Joann’s for solid fabrics and last night as I got caught up on The Stitch TV Show I started sewing the first block together. Everything was cut out with my Studio and my 2″ square die (the original pattern calls for 1.5″ squares), I am going to make 9 blocks and they measure about 27″ when put together. The hubby is VERY excited about this quilt and wants it finished as soon as I can get it done. There are 324 squares in each block and they are easy to put together. I webbed the rows as I put it together and then sewed row to row. This quilt is going to end up being almost 100 x 100, and I already told the hubby that it will be going out to be quilted. There’s a few longarmers in the guild that I can see if they have time available to quilt it. I certainly don’t need anything special, an all over design will be just fine.
I started to cut out the squares for the next block tonight, I need to cut more background squares and then I can start putting it together. I should have another update soon! Linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday over at My Quilt Infatuation.